Last updated: 04/04/2017
This website www.datefyx.com (the Site) is used by DateFyx to give visitors and customers (Users) access to various products and services (the Services).
What we will do with a user’s personal information
- All personal information that DateFyx or its related bodies corporate collect is reasonably necessary for the purposes relating to providing our services to Users. The purposes include:
(a) process a booking and/or order (for example but not limited to sending order confirmation and booking confirmation details)
(b) enable DateFyx to communicate effectively, e.g. respond to any questions, concerns, or problems raised by the User
(c) enhance functionality of the Site and Services when a User is logged in, e.g. but not limited to personalised recommendations and submission of customer feedback.
- If someone other than the individual provides us with personal information about an individual, that we did not ask for and we determine that we could have collected this information from the individual had we asked for it, we will notify the individual as soon as practicable. This notice will be given unless to do so would be in breach of an obligation of confidence. If we could not have collected this information, we will lawfully de identify or destroy that personal information.
What personal information we collect from you
- We request information from Users prior to their making a purchase or booking, for example contact information (like name, phone number, email address and delivery/ billing address). If there is an enquiry or trouble is experienced when processing an order or booking, this contact information is used to contact the User. This information will be saved for future orders and/ or bookings.
- In order to facilitate purchases we also request financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). No credit card details are retained under any circumstances.
- We will not generally collect any sensitive information from you, revealing your: race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability which we consider are unnecessary to our function.
- The User will also be given the option to sign up for our email newsletter. Once subscribed, DateFyx may use personal information about the User for the primary purpose of providing User with services from DateFyx or its partner suppliers, and for other purposes for which you would reasonably expect us to use that information. This includes sending the User information about new 'experiences', products, services and special offers by post, telephone or any form of electronic communication. By subscribing, the User authorises DateFyx to use any email address or other contact information he/she has provided at any time for this purpose. The User will also be given the opportunity to 'opt-out' of receiving emailed information or other correspondence, by simply clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter email they receive from us. The User agrees and acknowledges that even if he/she opts out of receiving marketing material, DateFyx may still send the User essential information that it is legally required to send the User relating to the services they have acquired from us.
What we will not do with a user’s personal information
- DateFyx will keep a user’s personal information confidential and not sell or knowingly divulge user information to advertisers or any other third parties other than our partner suppliers or intermediaries, in order to supply, or assist in the supply of a service e.g. Experience Providers and our customer feedback platform, and booking engines. DateFyx will take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by privacy obligations in relation to the protection of User's personal information. Other than to partners, we will not share a user’s personal information, unless:
(a) we are required to share your information with a third party in order to comply with the law or to comply with a court order or subpoena;
(b) to enforce our Site rules;
(c) if it is necessary to provide it to our third party service providers, if any, such as data storage providers, who will be subject to strict contractual privacy obligations; or
(d) to protect the safety and security of our users and our Site.
User's consent to our use of personal information
- Our use of the personal information we collect is necessary in order for us to maintain the Site and facilitate users’ use of the Site. We do not collect any unnecessary personal data from users (for instance, their race or religious beliefs).
How long we hold a user’s personal information
- We will retain your information for as long as a DateFyx account is active or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve issues, address queries and enforce our agreements. If you no longer wish to use our Site or Services, you may request that your account be deactivated by contacting email@example.com.