So, you’re having a baby and whether it is your first or tenth child, enjoy the time with your partner before life gets a little crazier and you have (even) fewer moments together.
There is always something going on in Singapore and just because you are expecting, it does not limit the fun. Here are some alternative ideas to keep the romance going with your partner during pregnancy.
1. INDULGENT PAMPERING with a pre-natal massage in couples’ treatment room. What could be better than a relieving massage where you can both enjoy some calming music and soothing touch. Just remember to tell the therapist you’re expecting so you get the right massage treatment.
2. HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR with movie and dinner. An obvious one but always a great evening out, especially if you can treat yourself to a few Gold Class tickets and really put your feet up! The cinema has a menu to enjoy during the movie or maybe try out that new restaurant you have had your eye on instead. The Screening Room is also a great boutique cinema. Kick back in the intimidate space on a cosy sofa, enjoy some drinks and tapas and luxuriate in timeless classics, a great new movie or enjoy an independent or foreign film.
3. MOCKTAIL FUN! Just because you can’t enjoy a glass of wine doesn’t mean you can’t indulge with some yummy mocktails. With so many choices of bars in Singapore, why not head to a place with some great views of the city, whilst you sip. It also means you can incorporate a romantic stroll afterwards. Ideas include The Lantern Bar at Fullerton Bay or Smoke and Mirrors at the National Gallery.
4. CASTING MEMORIES with clay belly-pot making. For something special, novel and unique, and a way to include your baby, try these fun classes for two. It is a calming experience where a pot is made from a mould of your pregnancy tummy. Parents can decorate their pots and write little notes of wisdom for their unborn baby, whilst enjoying some quiet couple time. Look up Amooo's for information on belly pot making.
5. STAYCATION INDULGENCE. If it’s too late to fly anywhere then enjoy a staycation at one of the luxury hotels across the island. The Capella on Sentosa has a special Babymoon package at the spa that will melt away any stress of impending parenthood, before a wonderful night’s sleep.
6. GET CREATIVE with art jamming. It is a carefree and imaginative way to spend time together. With the perfect fusion of relaxing music and therapeutic painting you can be inspired to create paintings for your child or pictures of what you think your future will be! For a wonderful heartland experience and basket of goodies delivered to you to munch on, book a session of Art Jamming here.
7. CREATE A LASTING MEMORY with a silver jewelry making class. Together make a pendant or ring as a special keepsake for you both or for the baby.
8. HOME-CATION. Sometimes you just want to be on your own couch. And why not? Make it different though and try a new hobby. Or perhaps do something like scrapbooking your memories of pregnancy. Whilst you indulge in some together time, order a home delivered take-away or if you are feeling inspired, cook a healthy meal together.
9. UNLOCK YOUR FUTURE with a tarot card reading. Have you ever wondered what excitements are in store for you and your family? Learn more about each other and deepen your relationship by getting the answers you have always wanted to know. Discover about your new adventures and beginnings ahead. Check out the hour-long experience available through DateFyx.
10. DINE IN NATURE with a romantic picnic for two. With so many parks and leafy places to relax across the island, what better way to unwind than with a gourmet picnic with your partner. Choose the perfect location and have someone deliver you a sumptuous picnic customised with all the foods you crave. If you want to add on some additional luxuries such as bean bags, fresh flowers, fairy lights and balloons to make it super special then go for it. Also, you don’t even need to clear up afterwards as all that is taken care of!
11. CURTAIN CALL. With a constant array of productions and performances from ballet to concerts to West End musicals at Marina Bay or the Esplanade, check out what’s on!
12. CAPTURE THE MOMENT. Another way to preserve the special memories of pregnancy is to have a photoshoot. With a number of talented photographers in Singapore, you can find some great spots to take some wonderful keepsake photos to show your baby when they are older.
These are just a few ideas and you can be as creative as you want. If you don’t want to be as adventurous then simple country walks in the fresh air can be just as great for you and your partner. The main thing is for you both to relax, have fun and enjoy each other’s company at such a special time!
This blog is contributed by Peta Delahunty. Originally from the UK, she has lived in Singapore for the past 9 years with her family. She is a self-confessed word nerd and when not writing and being a mum, loves exploring Singapore's fabulous food scene and enjoying its vibrant attractions.